If you love to enjoy playing guitar, then definitely you would love to take this musical instrument with you. However, traveling with such subtle and dainty instruments is a matter of concern in most utmost conditions.
But fortunately, traveling with a guitar becomes a pretty easy and safe job if you consider getting a guitar travel case especially, a hard guitar case for travel.
Over and above, you can also have the perfect aid if you are wondering about the best guitar hard case for air travel.
Take a look at the best hard shell case for a travel guitar, as well as the steps to pack your guitar for safe and secure travel.
We are highly preferring you invest in reliable and durable guitar cases. It will offer soft protection and are much more functional for travel and flying use as well.
Beware of the cheap travel guitar cases, they are not supposedly durable for the long run. Primarily, durability and minimizing the damage hazard is a real purpose of buying a hard guitar case for traveling.
For sure, you might have seen many kinds of guitar cases available on the internet market but if you are having trouble sorting out the best hard guitar case for travel. This article is for you!!
You will come to know the best acoustic guitar hard case for travel, followed by electric guitars, mini guitars, classical guitars, and the most significant best guitar hard case for air travel.
Top 6 Best Hard Guitar Case For Travel
I consider you have traveled with a travel guitar case. But did you have invested in a travel guitar hard case before?
If not, try it once! Invest in the best hardshell case. It would be worth buying for the long run when it comes to durability and portability service.
Take a look at the top 5 best hard guitar cases for travel that you can get at your fingertips. With no further delay, let’s figure it out!!
1. Gator Hard Shell Wood Case
If you own one of the acoustic guitars! then The Gator Hard-Shell Wood for 3/4 Size is the case you must invest in, it doesn’t matter even if you’re carrying for miles, that probably won’t be a problem.
The storage compartment has plenty of space for straps, picks, electric tuners, etc.
A Lightweight, very sturdy, functionally dependable, and soft-filled plush interior with padded neck rest holds guitars secure during travel.
Best For Acoustic Guitars
I recommend this case to anyone who wants a well-built guitar Hardcase for a reasonable price. A well-made acoustic guitar hard case for a travel tour.
- Hardshell (Wooden) guitar case
- Excellent protection against bumps, scratches, and weather elements
- Comfortable grip with perfect instrument balancing
- Chrome-plated lockable latches to secure the case
2. Gator Deluxe ABS Molded Case
It features a deluxe ABS exterior and a protective EPS foam protective interior with a deep plush lining.
It is durable and fits any strat-size guitar like a glove. Really good protection for traveling. Gator is hard to beat.
The GC series of guitar travel cases is a sturdy solution to around-town travel and local gigs. And are strengthened by a heavy-duty aluminum valance for solid protection.
The comfortable carry handle is through-bolted for extra strength. The case also has lockable chrome-plated latches as well as a generously sized accessory compartment.
Best For Electric Guitars
- Heavy-duty aluminum valance
- Through-bolted handle for extra strength
- EPS foam protective interior with deep plush lining
- Great for Local Gigs and a Great Gift for Strat or Tele Style Guitar Players!
- Product dimensions is 40.75 x 15.25 x 5.25 inches
3. Crossrock Air Classical Guitar Flight Case With Backpack
If you are looking for the best classical hard guitar case for travel then the Crossrock classical guitar case is the perfect item to go with.
Specially designed for your 4/4 size, light as air but impact-resistant and strong enough to secure your guitar on your travels. The material used is 100% carbon fiber on the exterior along with rigid foam padding and a premium silk-like lining. Whereas the leather handle with the Crossrock signature is comfortable & minimizes the strain to grip.
Best For Hard Shell Design
- TSA approves locks and latches
- Right length right size for carry-on guitars
- Built strong to protect from bruises and bumps
- Comfortable for you and the guitar
4. Gator Molded Flight Case With TSA Approved
Looking for a guitar hard case for air travel?
Traveling with a guitar is always an uncertain experience. Either the guitar won’t fit in the cabin or the case check is either too larger or heavy.
The case is great for people who need to travel. Most airlines do not allow instruments in the cabin and force people to document their instruments. This case is strong and sturdy enough to endure the harshness of United Airlines’ baggage services.
This case can easily fit instruments like Tayler 510 and 110 guitars perfectly, snugly, and securely. It does weigh 8 pounds empty, but it never needs to go up against a baggage handler having a bad day, this is your best protection.
Best For Air Travel (Flying)
- Has TSA approved Locking Latch
- Included Accessory Storage Compartment
- ATA Roto-Molded Polyethylene Outer-Shell
- Designed to Fit Classical Shaped Acoustic Guitars
5. SKB 1SKB-300 Baby Mini Acoustic Guitar Hard Case
If you wondering about a mini acoustic guitar hard case that you would fit perfectly for traveling purposes, then SKB 1SKB-300 is a perfect protective kit case to go with.
The hard outer case molded bumpers are strong enough to reduce shocks which also enhances to add an appealing outer look.
Designed with one handle, it offers a safe housing interior system with rigid EPS foam interiors to safeguard your guitar on any travel. Highly recommended acoustic guitar hard case for travel!
Best For Mini Acoustic Guitars
- Ideal for most active traveling guitars
- The interior offers full neck support to keep your guitar in place
- Includes 3 sturdy latches to prevent your guitar from falling
- Has rigid EPS foam interiors with different pouts
6. Yamaha AG1-HC Hard Case Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar Case
Looking for some deluxe and luxurious cases?
Wow, what a great hard case for your acoustic guitar. It has beautiful gold hardware.
The Yamaha AG1-HC Hard Case Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar Case is durable and has an amazingly hard outer shell. The insides are lined with soft padding and have a higher region for the body for stability.
I would recommend this case for anyone who is looking to protect their instrument and who prefers first-party solutions. The AG1-HC is a sturdy case with a quality build that fits the bill for protecting instruments worth much more than it.
Best Budget Alternative Guitar Hard Case
- Compatible with F Series, FG Series, A1 Series, A3 Series, CPX Series, FGX Series, FJX Series
- Soft plush inner lining
- Enhanced gold latches and hinges
- Solid protective hard case snug, tight fit, and solid frame
- Very durable and has a nice sleek design
Steps To Pack Guitar For A Travel
I suggest packing your guitar like you will have to check it later too, and make sure your guitar is safe and secure.
Simply follow these few steps to pack your guitar for safe travel,
- Make sure to detune the guitar strings
- Wrap the clothing in between the strings and the frets to prevent friction
- More and over, put towels and cloths to wrap the guitar for even better shelter and well support
- To avoid unintentionally opening, use TSA approved lock to secure your case during travel
- Label your guitar case by attaching the name tag to it
I hope, you’re now ready to go with the best hard-shell guitar case for travel.
I am pretty sure there won’t ever again come problems during travel. Investing in the above-listed hard guitar case for travel. For sure it can handle with absolute care even though it is really tough from the outside.
According to the customer rating and reviews, in my opinion, Gator Cases Hard-Shell Wood Case for Acoustic Guitars holds the top choice for the best hard guitar case for travel.
Similarly, the best guitar hard case for air travel remains The Gator Cases Molded Flight Case For Classical Style Acoustic Guitars (GTSA-GTRCLASS) on my list.