Everest Base Camp Trek | 2021 Complete Guidelines
Everest is more than a mountain and the trip to its base camp is something exceeding a trek. Along a track named by some as “the means to paradise,” each twist in the path gives different photograph opportunities — lovely backwoods, Sherpa towns, freezing moraines, and lower regions.
For dynamic travelers not doubtful to start to sweat, the journeying support staff will bring you near neighborhood societies prior to opening a window to the highest point of the world.
About the Trip
Mount Everest Base Camp Trek: One of the most daring traveling packages where you will be a part of amazing landscapes of Himalayan ranges, Buddhist religious communities, Sherpa culture, and wildlife. Come and join this refreshing once-in-a-blue-moon traveling experience.
When you taste the cold breeze of EBC, you’ll stay nostalgic about it your whole life. Envision you’re encircled by the world’s most elevated tops around you and everything appears to be so unadulterated and luxurious, that is the thing that journeying to EBC is!
Best time for Everest Base Camp Trek
Spring (March to April) and Autumn (October to November) is the best an ideal opportunity to go on Everest Base Camp Trekking. Because of the stable climate and moderate atmosphere, these seasons are the most appropriate opportunity to investigate the Himalayas.
The clear sky and viewpoints make the trip lovely. The Monsoon is not an ideal chance to go on Everest Base Camp Trek for 14 Days. You can go on this trip in winter, in any case, be set up to persevere through the severe cold.
- See the wondrous views from the front of the world’s tallest mountain – Mount Everest.
- Encircled by the excellence of nature and the mountains of Nepal: Cho Oy u, Lhotse, Nuptse, Ama Dablam, Makalu, etc.
- Experience the warmth of the Sherpa public. Find out about their locale, customs, and culture.
- The trip includes stops at Namche Bazaar, Tengboche Monastery, and Kala Patthar.
- Take in the history of experiences and mysterious experience of visiting the Tengboche Monastery.
- Climb to see the world’s most remarkable hotel – Everest View Hotel.
- Find the beauty of Sagarmatha National Park that is base on a few types of endangered creatures.
- See the exciting viewpoints from Nagarjun Hill and the Everest massif.
- Get some great viewpoints on Everest from Kala Patthar, the most elevated point in the journey. Take in the views on Everest, Makalu, Lhotse, and numerous different towers. Additionally, there is the delightful sunrise see over Everest from Kala Patthar.
- Generally exciting and brave trips to/from Lukla.
- Take a guided city visit through UNESCO recorded World Heritage Sites of Nepal.
Everest Base Camp Trek Cost
There are a huge number of journeying organizations with various costs and various administrations. Some offer this trip with a sensible expense and solid help.
The expense here you see with administration incorporates and rejects underneath is ordinary. So it is comparatively less expensive and somewhat costly with limiting and amplifying the administration incorporation and rejection of the city visit and as your offered convenience types in Kathmandu. For more detailed information visit :
The Everest Base Camp Trek Map is vital for the explorers to stretch the Information beyond, whatever trail information, elevation, activities, and distance. Here’s Google Maps of Everest Base Camp, yet we suggest purchasing a printed copy of the guides, which is refreshed.
Everest Base Camp Trek Route
- Jiri to Everest Base camp
- Island peak Climb via EBC Trek
- Gokyo Lakes via EBC Trek
- Everest Three Passes Trek
Transportation during the Everest Base Camp Trek
The southern headquarters of Mt. Everest isn’t available by means of street. The Khumbu area is associated with Kathmandu by means of a flight from Kathmandu to Lukla. From Lukla to the headquarters is completely by walking. Nonetheless, on account of emergencies, helicopter rescue is likely to be possible.
Permits Needed For The Everest Base Camp Trek
- TIMS (Trekkers Information Management System), This permit is important for every trekker wishing to trek in Nepal. From the Annapurna Circuit to the trek to Poon Hill, all trekking routes require this permit. This costs NRS 2000 per person.
- Sagarmatha National Park Entry Permit. All permits are arranged by the trekking provider.
Training for the Mount Everest Base Camp Trekking
You are not climbing K2 or Mount Everest and not running a mountain race. This is trekking. Truth be told, you are really expected to relax. Relaxing is a general guideline when you need to prevent height trouble while out in Nepal. It doesn’t make a difference how fit you are, when you are out there on the path, you need to stick to your own action. Obviously, the fitter you are, the more you can make the most of your days. Get fit!
Frequently asked questions :
Q.1)What is the packing list for Everest Base Camp Trek?
- A few pairs of Thermal tops
- Fleece jacket/pullover
- Windcheater – waterproof shell jacket one pair
- Comfortable Fleece/wool trousers
- Trekking pants- at least 2 pairs
- Mittens/woolen gloves
- Warm Hiking socks
- Trekking sue with spare laces
- Pair of flip flop
- Underwears & Swiming costume
- Hiking Cotton trousers/t-shirts
- Sun hat/scarf
- Trekking poles (Not 100%)
- Day bag above 40 L
- 1 set- Headlamp
- Small lock for the day backpack
- Reusable water bottles- 2 letters
- Water purification tablets/ electric light
- Wash towel
- Rain poncho
- Basic personal first aid kit
Q.2)Can you see Mount Everest from its base camp?
No, you can’t see the summits of Everest from its base camp. It is a reason why the Everest base camp tour involves a small slope recognized as Kala Pathar since it is visible Mt. Everest along with Nuptse and Lhotse.
Q.3)How difficult is it to hike to EBC?
It isn’t difficult to journey to the Everest Base Camp while you are truly fit. However, it might be ideal in the event that you took appropriate acclimatization to manage the altitude and carry helpful gears.
Q.3)How To Book my Everest Base Camp Trip?
Multiple websites are Present which serves as an online booking service.
Q.4)What is the maximum weight that a porter is allowed to carry during the trek?
The maximum weight the porter will carry during the Everest Base Camp is 30kg. Each two trekkers will get a porter. So, 15 kg is the maximum weight, the trekker is allowed to pack for the Everest Base Camp Trek.
Q.5)How Do I Prevent Altitude Sickness During My EBC Trek?
The following rules of thumbs can help you to prevent altitude sickness from happening to you. They can also help to get the symptoms under control.
- Careful Preparation
- Become the Fittest Version of Yourself
- Listen to Your Body
- Climb High, Sleep Low
- Eat Plenty and Hydrate More
- Check What Comes Out
Q.6)What is the height of Mount Everest Base Camp?
The standard Everest Base Camp Trek starts at Lukla at an altitude of around 3400 meters. Your final goal is to reach the Everest Base Camp in Nepal at a height of 5,364 meters (17,598 ft).
Q.7)Will drinking water be provided?
Yes, Contracted Travel Guide provide boiled water for drinking purpose on all your treks and climbs. During mealtime, you can ask to fill the hot water for you. They strongly discourage the use of single-use plastic bottles such as mineral water on all our trips. Carrying a hot water bottle is highly recommended.
Q.8)What are The Cost-Saving Tips For Everest Base Camp Trek?
- Water Purification Tablets
- Bring Your Own Treats
- Carry a 20,000 mah power bank
- Share room with someone
- Stick to vegetarian food
Q.9)What is the Total Cost For 15 Days Everest Base Camp Trek?
- Minimum Cost per person: 74,400 NPR | 654 USD.
- Optional Cost (Snacks, Drinks, Bakeries, Hot Shower, etc.): ~10,000 NPR | ~90 USD per Person.
- Total Cost per person: 84,400 NPR | 742 USD
- Total Cost for 2 people: 138,200 NPR | 1,216 USD
Q.10)What are Things To Know Before Trekking Everest Base Camp?
- Food Availability
- High Altitude Sickness
- Wear Buff
- Buy or Rent Hiking Gear in Kathmandu
- Start Early
Q.11)What insurance do I need for EBC?
You will need to take out insurance that will cover you for hiking up to altitudes of 6,000m.
Q.12)Do We need any permits for our Trekking to Everest?
Yes, The trekkers should have to have registered trekking permits of Sagarmatha National Park Permit and TIMS (Trekker’s Management Systems) and they are all helped and provided by Alpine Ramble Trekks.
Q.13)What is the status of Covid-19 in the Everest Region?
As of Nov 1, 2020, there have been 10 cases of Covid-19 in the Khumbu Region and 1 death. A 72 hour negative PCR Report is mandatory to keep both the local community and travelers safe. Also, the fact that flights are the only way in and Summit Air is strongly committed to safety protocols laid out by CAAN and WHO, further reduce the spread of infection.
Also read :
👉Phewa Lake | Best Place To Visit In Pokhara
👉Tindhare Jharana Nepal | How To Reach Bahubali waterfall
👉Rara Lake Fresh Water In Nepalese Himalayas