History of Manakamana
Manakamana Temple Darshan
1)World’s largest Thanka to be displayed
2)Cable Car Ride
- Normal Rs 640
- Child (Nepali/Indian) Rs 385
- Student Rs 480
- Elderly RS 450
- Disable Rs 320
For More Detailed Information visit: Manakamana Darshan
3)Cinematic scene of surrounding hillsides
4)Worship and sacrifices
5)Hike from Anboo khairani which takes around 3 hrs.
For Hindus, it is a holy place to worship the goddess Bhagwati. Whereas others can enjoy the structure and surrounding of the Manakamana Temple.
7)Manakamana Street Market
Frequently asked questions :
2)How is the air quality in Manakamana Temple?
Health effects can be immediately felt by sensitive groups. Healthy individuals may experience difficulty breathing and throat irritation with prolonged exposure. Limit outdoor activity.
4)What is the estimated expenses to visit Manakamana?
- Travel to Manakamana Cable Car Station, From Kathmandu NPR 300 on a local bus [Fare is different depending upon the place from where you are ].
- Two Way Cable Car Fare – Around NPR 640 for Nepalese [Different rate for foreigners].
- Lunch – NPR 250.
- Souvenirs/Gifts – NPR 100 – Thousands [It’s up to you].
- Stay in Hotel – Around NPR 500 for a normal room.
5)What is the cable car operating time?
Everyday 9 am to 12 Noon / 1.30pm to 5 pm, there will be a short lunch break in between 12.00pm to 1.30pm.
- You cannot visit the rear side of the temple as there are offerings for the gods
- There could be additional waiting time possible for devotees to offer their prayers on all Saturdays as well as the month of July to October
- The cable car services remain suspended from 12.00pm – 1.30pm
Also read :