History of Pashupatinath Mandir
Daily Rituals at Pashupatinath Temple
- 4:00 am: West gate opens for visitors.
- 8:30 am: After the arrival of Pujaris, the idols of the Lord are bathed and cleaned, clothes and jewelry are changed for the day.
- 9:30 am: Baal Bhog or breakfast is offered to the Lord.
- 10:00 am: Then people who want to do Puja are welcomed to do so. It is also called Farmayishi Puja, whereby people tell the Pujari to carry out a special Puja for specific reasons. The Puja continues till 1:45 pm in the afternoon.
- 1:50 pm: Lunch is offered to the Lord in the main Pashupati Temple.
- 2:00 pm: Morning prayers end.
- 5:15 pm: The evening Aarati at the main Pashupati Temple begins.
- 6:00 pm onward: In recent times the Bagmati Ganga Aarati that is done by the banks of the Bagmati has been gaining popularity. There are larger crowds attending on Saturdays, Mondays, and on special occasions. Ganga Aarati along with Shiva’s Tandava Bhajan, written by Ravana, is carried out during the evening Ganga Aarati.
- 7:00 pm: Doors close.
Other Major Festival In Pashupatinath
During the Shivaratri celebration, Pashupatinath temple sparkles with lights of lights for the duration of the night and the temple stays open the entire night. Thousand of devotees wash up in the Bagmati river in the arrival of the celebration and observe sages from various pieces of Nepal and India come here on the event of Maha Shivaratri.
3)Full Moon Celebration
4)Meeting the Sadhu at Pashupatinath temple
The Cremation Ceremony At Pashupatinath Temple
How rich is Pashupatinath?
Frequently asked questions :
Q.1)What to See at Pashupatinath Temple?
- Two-tiered pagoda temple
- The priests
- The struts
- The Dharmashila
- The Bagmati River
- The sanctum
- Arya Ghat
- The Pandra Shivalaya
- Temple of Vasuki
Pashupatinath can be easily reached by taxi from the city center, and the ride shouldn’t cost more than 500 rupees if you’re in Thamel or surrounding areas.
Q.3)How much is the Entrance fee to Pashupatinath?
Q.4)What is the opening hours of Pashupatinath?
Q.5)When is the best time to visit Pashupatinath temple?
Q.6)What are the accommodations facilities available?
Q.7)What is Pashupatinath known for?